Sunday, October 9, 2011

Eddie's Trackside Bar and Grill

(Visited on October 8, 2011)


Note:  Eddie's Trackside has closed their doors, driven out of business when their building's owner (Columbia Bank) doubled their rent.  "Last Call" was Saturday, July 13, 2013.

For my inaugural post I wanted to start with our "go to" place for burgers.  Eddie's Trackside Bar and Grill in Monroe, WA is where my wife and I go when we have a hankerin' for a good burger, just like we did yesterday. There are other places, closer places, but when 25 miles isn't too far to go, Eddie's is our sure-fire ticket for a good burger.  And the bonus with Eddie's is you can have a beer with your burger if you're so inclined, and that scores extra points with me.

Eddie's has an extensive menu full of all manner of things I'd like to try, but everytime I go I have the same thing...the Skykomish Gold Burger.  It's a half pound of hormone-free, antibiotic-free, fresh ground Angus chuck, with lettuce, onions, tomato, mayo and choice of natural Swiss or Tillamook cheddar.  And what makes it special is a couple of thick slices of hearty bacon.  All this comes on a Kaiser roll that won't come apart in your hands.  It comes with fresh cut fries, but Beer Batter Fries, Tater Tots or Sweet Potato Fries can be substituted.  I ususally go with the Sweet Fries.

If you're looking for a good burger, you can't go wrong at Eddie's.  So, the next time you're in Monroe with that itch that only a well crafted hamburger can scratch, give it a try...I think you'll enjoy it!

Eddie's is located at 214 N. Lewis St., Monroe, WA.  If you're on Hwy 2, turn south at the Shell Station...that's Lewis Street and Eddie's is just over the tracks.  If you're coming north on Hwy 203 from Duvall, 203 turns into Lewis Street once you get to Monroe; continue on Lewis, through the light and Eddie's is on the left just before you get to the tracks.  If you can't, or don't want to find parking on Lewis street, turn west on Hill St and take the first driveway on the right and go straight back to the tracks for some off street parking.

On my three tier scale of "Worth A Trip", "Worth A Stop" and "Drive On By", both my wife and I rated our burgers as "Worth A Trip".

You can find Eddie's online at http://www.eddiestrackside.com/

Eddie's Trackside Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon



The Skykomish Gold



The Skykomish Gold (Close Up)



Eddie's Bar



Eddie's really is "Trackside"



The Track Crossing at Lewis Street

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. Your photo made me miss burgers back home so much. Have to head to the Hard Rock Cafe here to get a decent burger...sad. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are and always will be my ultra fav!!

    ReplyDelete